Saturday, May 7, 2011

"The Best Part" (For Deborah)

Love help me go to sleep last night
she made my dreams peaceful and sweet
she caused laughter in my heart to rise
leaving sweet memories for my heart to keep

Love awoken me this morning
with a smile that is one of a kind
it embraced me today with such a warmth
I was so proud that this love was mine

And love sent me on my way today
off into life’s daily grind
but in her heart her eyes were on me
as she thought of me all the time

And at the end of the day while tired
love found the time to lift my heart
for she kissed me twice upon my lips
Saying this time of day was her best part.

"Happy Mother's day to my best friend, who
also happens to be my wife!

By Wendell A. Brown
Copyrighted 2011, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment