Saturday, August 20, 2011

I Shall Always Wait On You


As this day does come to an end
When it seems my strength is gone
As the hours seem to pass by slowly
When all I do just seems so wrong

Within my heart I seek the words
A psalm that will lift my spirit high
For often when I feel so tired
Even on my bed I do not want to lie

I reach within my soul for the energy
I seek with my inner voice to pray
and I find that I have a great need
For your spirit to come my way

And as I pray silently and so sweetly
While  I gently embrace your name
I find that I shall always wait on you
Knowing soon I will not be the same

For you are the power that saves me
The blessed assurance my heart does know
And I happily  will always wait on you
Because my Lord I do love you so.


From  "The Place Where My Heart Dwells."
Copyright 2011, All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment