Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Prisoners Of Love"

My eyes being prisoners take delight,
In the sunshine that each morning brings.
As I receive your love within my sight,
taking pride in the song my heart now sings.

For as jewels and riches are weighed in worth,
more than most anything in this world,
I find no essence laid upon this earth,
as my sweet love, yes my hearts pearl.

Unique in beauty as the sun that sets,
and the greatest thief of worldly times,
she captured my heart making prisoner my eyes,
of her beauty so wonderfully divine.

And as I speak are my eyes not blessed,
by the spirit of a kiss that will not fade.
That makes me daily live within loves glory,
while a prisoner of her love I am now made.




By The Brown One Poet,
Aka “Wendell A. Brown.
© 2010, All rights reserved.
From the Manuscript “I Want And Need You Now”

No comments:

Post a Comment