Monday, March 21, 2011

"A POEM FOR JAPAN" - "The Remnant Of My Tears"

 
My tears were hidden on my face
As a shower fell from the skies above
Darkness did now fill my young life
As I frantically searched for those I love

My life is now so very different
Should I embrace the gift that I now have
For it comes with so much sadness
I often  wonder why I am not dead

The smell of death surrounds me
Yet grateful faces do I now see
For every time I saw one who fell
The living again make me believe

That there is a bright future for all of us
Amid prayers for love ones who left
That we can rise above this crisis
With new life blossoming from their deaths

I will never truly be the same again
Not with the pain that my heart now bleeds
So I now push on forward with my life
For my loved ones who passed on to see


That I have their spirits deep within me
Their great strength that was always near
Which helps me to overcome my sadness
Erasing away the remnants of my tears.


By Wendell A. Brown.

A poem I was moved to write while
watching the sadness of  Japan's
children. It also appears at Americandiversityreport.com
in their world culture section, under "A Poem For Japan"

No comments:

Post a Comment