Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lost



Lost to my eyes was the morning sun
When to this day I did arise
Dark clouds hovered high above
As showers shared my skies

And my world was dark and miserable
With my heart much like this day
For you were far away from me
Yes so far from where I now lay

It was so very hard for me start
All alone to face this new day
For usually I start it off with you
With the little games of love we played

And yet its so very hard to do
As I got ready to go to work
For I am always a part of  you
But loneliness so close now lurked

Its tentacles tried to entrap me
Placing lonely doubts into  my mind
I tried to overcome my inner thoughts
But they overwhelmed me time after time

For lost to my eyes was my morning sun
This cold day when from my bed I arose
That  Shakespeare could not even capture
My mood in sweet succulent lines of  prose.




The  Brown One Poet
©  October 1977

No comments:

Post a Comment