Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Blessing Of You











A wonderful miracle embraced my life
When you came my way that special day
I received the blessing of your smile
Realizing quickly I wanted it to stay

Who would have ever chanced to think
Their heart and mind might be swept away
Without a single word spoken from your lips
Only with a look bidding breath to fade

My heart was embezzled by your brown eyes
With a sheer radiance that would hypnotize
And within them I caught a glimpse of hope
You might find a reason to stay in my life

Tomorrow will I see you come my way again
Might our paths cross some marvelous way
Will my new found hope give birth to a joy
Finding the loneliness in my world to fade

For I long for the chance to softly embrace
Many more moments like the ones found today
And to my God in heaven I prayed from my heart
To continue the blessing of you he sent my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment