Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Humble"



You were born into this world for me
And for all who live that would believe
You appeared among all your creation
So from our sin you might set us free

Never have you ever charged a penny
For the living words which you would speak
Even though you appeared in the flesh like us
You never coveted wealth or sinful greed

Your hands reached out to all you met
As many hearts in this world you sought to lead
You never tried to profit from the poor and widows
But freely much in their hearts you would leave

You never chose to have much materially
Though everything In this world is yours
But humbly you came and lived among us
Enriching us with the grace you kept in store

Many always claim in you they believe
But from others they seek to take away
They want to be another’s lord and  master
Leaving many destroyed spirits along the way

I only want to be Christ like in my dealings
For in my life there will never be another way
I want them to see what its like to live humbly
With your true spirit teaching them every day

Remember me my LORD, each day as I rise
While by your sweet spirit I am truly led
Permit me to always be humble like you
And never please forsake me my daily bread.

For my time is very fleet in this world’s life
And before by your grace I am called away
I want to help bring your light into this world
So many might find life humbly following your way

No comments:

Post a Comment