Monday, January 16, 2012

"Always And Forever"




My lord, tonight you have called to me
To turn from my sinful wretched ways
Out of your love you spoke so clearly
As precious words asked me to change

You alone my Lord, did care enough
To reach out and touch me in my sleep
Speaking to me with the truest words
Let your evil ways tonight now cease

You spoke to me saying I am your Lord
And without my spirit’s deposit you will die
Your life will be ever so meaningless
As in your sinful grave you surely lie

You said my child lets reason together
Though sinful you can become clean
Just turn away from your evil ways
And with me you will now walk again

Return to me and I will keep my promise
That I in turn will return my love to you
Cleansing your body of sin’s iniquity
As my spirit’s light in your life shines through.

                                       



                                                                             
Wendell A. Brown
© 2011, All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment