Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Every Day"


Every Day

Lord, You have caused
me to cry this day, when
I thought of how often
You must think of me...

For often days go by where
You are not on my mind, while
selfishly I think of myself
more, and this has caused
deep sadness within my heart

I long for the day to come,
where I will breathe and think
of You with every conscious
thought, though it may seem
an impossible task...

If I can increase the time
that I think of You more than
I think of myself, You will be
with me in my mind more often
than before, renewing my spirit...

And it seems such a little thing
to ask of me, to turn my heart
away from its selfishness especially
since You think of me every day.


From "Never Far",
Copyright and Registered,
July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment